WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
Dynamic group of women to inspire attendees March 11 & 12, 2021
Women in Aviation International members and conference attendees will no doubt connect with the stellar roster of speakers scheduled for the 32nd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, March 11-12, 2021, from the convenience of one’s home or office.
“Although we are disappointed that we can’t meet in person, this virtual conference has allowed us to assemble a dynamic group of keynotes from all over the world,” Allison McKay, WAI CEO says. “We are excited that our virtual two-day gathering will enable more of our members to take advantage of the inspiring content, educational opportunities, and networking events.”
The 2021 roster of speakers includes:
- Aysha Alhameli, first female pilot in the United Arab Emirates
- Montserrat Barriga, European Regions Airline Association director general
- Helene Gagnon, CAE senior vice president, public affairs, global communications & corporate social responsibility
- Kristin Robertson, Boeing Defense, Space & Security vice president and general manager of Autonomous Systems
- U.S. Coast Guard’s first African American female pilots – Lt. Cdr. Jeanine Menze, Lt. Cdr. La’Shanda Holmes, Lt. Cdr. Chanel Lee, Lt. Cdr. Angel Hughes, and Lt. Ronaqua Russell
- Dr. Heather Wilson, University of Texas at El Paso president & former Secretary of the U.S. Air Force
A virtual Girls in Aviation Day will take place on Saturday, March 13, 2021, where girls ages 8-17 will be introduced to the career and lifestyle possibilities available in aviation. The female leaders of the U.S. Thunderbirds will share their stories with attendees, and a NASA astronaut will also make an appearance. Participants from the Reno, Nevada area may also register for a free kit full of fun materials, activities and keepsakes. The Aviation for Girls App will also feature new content
Secure online registration is available at www.WAI.org/conference-registration For the low rates as follows: Student member - $69 Member - $79 Non-Member - $129. Registered participants will also be able to access all content for several weeks after the close of the event, through March 31, 2021.
Women in Aviation International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone 937-839-4647; Fax 937-839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
Molly Martin, Outreach Director
Women in Aviation International