Women in Aviation International (WAI) is a nonprofit organization that encourages the advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests. The headquarters is located in Germantown, Ohio.
WAI began in 1990 and was formally established in 1994 as a nonprofit organization. The first International Women in Aviation Conference was held in Prescott, Arizona, in 1990.
- More than 15,000 active members
- 63% Individual (Professionals/Enthusiasts)
- 7% International (Outside the U.S.)
- 28% Student (High School/College and University Students)
- 2% Corporate (Organizations/Corporations)
International Women in Aviation Conference
- Hosted annually since 1990, with approximately 150 attendees that first year
- More than 4,500 attendees in 2022 from 16 countries
- A total of 176 exhibitors in 2022
- General sessions, professional development seminars, education sessions, and tours
- Special events, scholarship awards, WAI Pioneer Hall of Fame induction ceremony