We're here to help! If you don't find what you need here, or have additional questions, contact the WAI Chapter Team.
Girls in Aviation Day Resources for Event Hosts
Girls in Aviation Day Event Hosts
- Available year-round with hours of new content including:
- Three age-appropriate content tracks
for elementary, middle school, and high
- Meet positive female role models
- Instructional activity videos
- Scholarship information
- Education resources
- Expanded Aviation for Girls magazine
- Be sure to submit your favorite photos and videos by 28 October to: https://bit.ly/GIAD22PicsVids
- GIAD Sign in Sheet Liability Waiver and Photo Permission [PDF]
- Help us understand the makeup of GIAD attendees worldwide! Please fill out the Attendee Worksheet and send it to WAI by 10 October.
- Use the 2022 Photoframe to turn up the volume with Social Media - 24"x36" Photo Frame
- While the GIAD kits are no longer available to order, there are still lots of other items for purchase at the WAI Store! Be sure to checkout the quantity discounts and order ASAP to avoid express shipping charges.
- Bell Helicopter GIAD Activity [PDF]
- Lava Lamp GIAD Activity [PDF]
- Sectional Scavenger Hunt GIAD Activity [PDF]
- Girls in Aviation Day Logo
Logo must be used in its entirety. No alterations are allowed. Download the logo use guidelines here.
Annual Chapter Requirements
- By April 30, 2022:
The most used items from the 2022 Chapter Handbook are available below for your convenience.
- All the guidance you need for using your chapter logo and WAI branding in the 2022 WAI Brand Guide for Chapters! [PDF]
- Request a Chapter Outreach Package for an event
- Pop Up Banner Order Form
You Can Start a WAI Chapter in your Local Area!
- Start A Women in Aviation Chapter - presentation [PPT]
- Starting a Chapter Summary
- 2022 Provisional Chapter Application Forms [PDF]
- 2021 Official Chapter Application Forms [PDF]
- Your Chapter's Articles of Incorporation - Guidelines & Sample Articles of Incorporation
- Your Chapter's Bylaws - Guidelines & Sample Bylaws
- Required & Suggested Board Positions & Sample Board Member Agreement
- Required & Suggested Chapter Committees
- Pay your Provisional or Official Chapter Application Fee using CHAPTER PAY HERE!
Looking for IRS and Tax Information for your Chapter? Check these items out:
- EIN & Taxes
- Maintaining Tax Exempt Status for your Chapter
- Checklist for USA Chapters Under the Group Exemption
- Authorization Form for Inclusion in Tax-Exempt Group [PDF]
- Student & Collegiate Chapter Tax Exemption and A Note to Student Chapters
Other Useful Chapter Resources
Building a compelling and interesting program for your chapter is key to keeping your membership engaged! Find some tips for building a fantastic annual program here!
Does your chapter want to offer a scholarship to your members? Email Donna Wallace for the details! Or, do you want to help your chapter members apply for scholarships?
Checkout these resources:
- 10 Tips for a Winning Scholarship Application [PPT]
- More tips for a Winning Scholarship Application
- Read the article "How to Submit a Winning WAI Scholarship Application" in the September/October 2020 issue of Aviation for Women
- Scholarships: How to Apply For Them and How To Give Them [PDF]
- 2022 Chapter Dates To Remember - Things To Do & Stuff To Know
- Ideas for Chapter Activities & Fundraising Events
- WAI Chapters Re-Connect & Re-Engage [PPT]
- Plan and implement a dynamic annual program/calendar for your WAI Chapter [PPT]
- Check out our Chapter Playlist on the WAI YouTube Channel
More useful chapter tools:
- Do you need to show proof of insurance as a WAI Chapter? Here is your blanket Liability Insurance Policy Certificate!
- Do you need to show someone as "named insured" on the WAI Liability Policy? This form is for you - request that Certificate of Insurance with a "named insured" here: Certificate of Insurance Request Form [PDF]
- Suggested design for Chapter Business Cards [PDF] - there is a horizontal design and a vertical design, and both can be customized with your chapter information on the front...International's info on the back.
- Taking Great Photos for WAI [PDF]
- WE ARE WAI presentation - for chapter use!
- For your internal chapter use, pass the important information down from one group of leaders to the next using the WAI Chapter Continuity Tool
As always, if we can be of any assistance, email the WAI Chapter Team here!