We're here to help! If you don't find what you need here, or have additional questions, contact the WAI Chapter Team.
Annual Chapter Requirements
- By April 30, 2022:
The most used items from the 2022 Chapter Handbook are available below for your convenience.
- All the guidance you need for using your chapter logo and WAI branding in the 2022 WAI Brand Guide for Chapters! [PDF]
- Request a Chapter Outreach Package for an event
- Pop Up Banner Order Form
You Can Start a WAI Chapter in your Local Area!
- Start A Women in Aviation Chapter - presentation [PPT]
- Starting a Chapter Summary
- 2022 Provisional Chapter Application Forms [PDF]
- 2021 Official Chapter Application Forms [PDF]
- Your Chapter's Articles of Incorporation - Guidelines & Sample Articles of Incorporation
- Your Chapter's Bylaws - Guidelines & Sample Bylaws
- Required & Suggested Board Positions & Sample Board Member Agreement
- Required & Suggested Chapter Committees
- Pay your Provisional or Official Chapter Application Fee using CHAPTER PAY HERE!
Looking for IRS and Tax Information for your Chapter? Check these items out:
- EIN & Taxes
- Maintaining Tax Exempt Status for your Chapter
- Checklist for USA Chapters Under the Group Exemption
- Authorization Form for Inclusion in Tax-Exempt Group [PDF]
- Student & Collegiate Chapter Tax Exemption and A Note to Student Chapters
Other Useful Chapter Resources
Building a compelling and interesting program for your chapter is key to keeping your membership engaged! Find some tips for building a fantastic annual program here!
Does your chapter want to offer a scholarship to your members? Email Donna Wallace for the details! Or, do you want to help your chapter members apply for scholarships? Checkout these resources:
- 10 Tips for a Winning Scholarship Application [PPT]
- More tips for a Winning Scholarship Application
- Read the article "How to Submit a Winning WAI Scholarship Application" in the September/October 2020 issue of Aviation for Women
- 2022 Chapter Dates To Remember - Things To Do & Stuff To Know
- Ideas for Chapter Activities & Fundraising Events
- WAI Chapters Re-Connect & Re-Engage [PPT]
- Plan and implement a dynamic annual program/calendar for your WAI Chapter [PPT]
More useful chapter tools:
- Certificate of Insurance Request Form [PDF]
- Suggested design for Chapter Business Cards [PDF] - there is a horizontal design and a vertical design, and both can be customized with your chapter information on the front...International's info on the back.
- Taking Great Photos for WAI [PDF]
- WE ARE WAI presentation - for chapter use!
- For your internal chapter use, pass the important information down from one group of leaders to the next using the WAI Chapter Continuity Tool
As always, if we can be of any assistance, email the WAI Chapter Team here!
Girls in Aviation Day
Watch this space for the 2022 Girls in Aviation Day host kit... coming in the Spring of 2022!
Girls In Aviation Day Activities
- Bell Helicopter GIAD Activity [PDF]
- Lava Lamp GIAD Activity [PDF]
- Sectional Scavenger Hunt GIAD Activity [PDF]
GIAD Tools & Logos
- Girls in Aviation Day Logo
Logo must be used in its entirety. No alterations are allowed. Download the logo use guidelines here.
- Gaining Altitude video by Kristen Currier