Speakers confirmed for Long Beach 2019
Women in Aviation International members and conference attendees will no doubt be inspired and informed by the stellar roster of speakers scheduled for the 30th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, March 14-16, 2019, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California.
The 2019 roster of speakers includes:
- Nagin Cox, NASA/JPL tactical mission lead on the Mars Curiosity Rover
- Dr. Christine Darden, aeronautical engineer and NASA sonic boom minimization expert
- Gwynne Shotwell, SpaceX president and chief operating officer
- Capt. Tammie Jo Shults, U.S Navy and Southwest Airlines pilot
- Dr. Ellen Stofan, Smithsonian Air and Space Museum director
Girls in Aviation Day Long Beach will take place on Saturday, March 16, 2019, with approximately 250 girls ages 8 to 17 from the local area being introduced to the career and lifestyle possibilities available in aviation. Lt. General Stayce Harriswill be the luncheon speaker. Based in Washington, D.C., she is the Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force.