Time still remains for members of Women in Corporate Aviation (WCA) to apply for more than $75,000 in aviation scholarships to use for leadership development, training and certification purposes. Applications are due by September 1.
The following corporate aviation scholarships and their sponsors include:
- Air Training International Flight Procedures Training Scholarship ($1,700)
- AirFlite Maintenance Training Scholarship ($3,000) and Pilot Training Scholarship ($3,000)
- CAE SimuFlite Citation 500 Series Aircraft Type Rating Scholarship ($22,000)
- Executive Jet Management Training Scholarship ($2,000)
- FlightSafety International Citation Ultra or Bravo Type Rating Scholarship ($21,400)
- MedAire’s Management of Inflight Illness Training Scholarship ($1,122)
- Susan C. Friedenberg’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training scholarship ($4,200)
- Signature Flight Support Corporation Scholarship ($3,000)
- Universal Weather and Aviation Hybrid Aircraft Dispatcher Course (three awards of $3,000 each)
- Women in Corporate Aviation Leadership Scholarship (up to $3,000) and Career Scholarship ($2000)
Details on each scholarship can be found on the WCA website. Applicants must be current, dues-paying WCA members. Applications must include a 500-word essay, two letters of recommendation and certificates, transcripts and resumes as applicable. Scholarship recipients will be notified on October 1. The scholarship awards ceremony will be held on November 2, during the 70th Annual NBAA Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition in Orlando, Florida.