-->Women in Corporate Aviation (WCA) presented11 winners with aviation-related training scholarships at its annual scholarship luncheon October 23, during the annual National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention in Las Vegas.
Among the winners were four Women in Aviation, International members, including:
- Ana Ayala (WAI #52236), who received the CAE Simuflite CitationJet 3 Initial Training Scholarship valued at $22,000 for training to broaden awareness in corporate aviation and assist with developing her career path.
- Allison Couch (WAI #44181), who recieved the MedAire Management of In-flight Illness and Injury Course Scholarship valued at $1,040 for a two-day aviation medical course covering altitude physiology, first aid, CPR certification, defibrillator training, and more.
- Lisa Lewis (WAI #41398), who was one of two recipients of a $3,000 WCA Aviation Management Scholarship for aviation management professional development training. Carla Negri was the other recipient.
- Taylor Ratliff (WAI 50609) was awarded the $2,000 WCA Career Scholarship for professional or career advancement in corporate aviation.
Other scholarships awarded that day included:
- Aircare FACTS Training Scholarship (valued at $4,675) to Johanna Ford for a five-day initial or two-day recurrent emergency procedures training course.
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Corporate Aviation Maintenance Technology Scholarship (valued at $5,000) to Stephanie Cobb for education, professional development, or career advancement in maintenance aviation technology.
- Susan C. Friedenberg Corporate Flight Attendant Training Scholarship (valued at $3,995) to Kristen Anderson for a four-day training program encompassing all responsibilities of the business aviation flight attendant.
- Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. Dispatcher License Training Scholarship (3 valued at $2,995 each) to Anna Sondelski, Norma Noe, and Tamara Collins, for an FAA Dispatch License.