Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an aviation maintenance technician program (A&P) or a degree in aviation maintenance technology. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the 29th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference (includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fee). Applicant must be a full-time student, with a minimum of two semesters left (as of February 2018), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
In addition to all WAI requirements, please include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words), double-spaced and typed, that addresses the following topics:
- Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aviation maintenance technology?
- What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else's life?
- If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
- What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
- Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Aircraft Maintenance Technology Scholarship?