Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation International by November 1, 2020, and may apply for up to three scholarships. Internships are not included in the three per member scholarship limit.
Unless otherwise noted, scholarships will be awarded at the 32nd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, March 11-13, 2021, in Reno, Nevada.
Most scholarships may be applied for online through the WAI website. Please submit your application only when you have all of the necessary files ready. Once your application has been submitted, changes cannot be made to your application.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed one and half spaced, 500-word descriptive essay (no more than two pages)
- professional résumé (no more than two pages)
- flight scholarships must included copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook
- Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship
These requirements are the minimum for all scholarships unless otherwise indicated. Some scholarships may require additional information, please read the description thoroughly to make sure you meet all requirements.
Descriptive essay should address the following:
- name and contact information
- what motivated you to pursue aviation
- short-term, mid-term, and long-range goals
- how the scholarship will help you achieve your objective
- how your previous training was financed
- where you would obtain the training and the hourly rate for the instructor, aircraft, and simulators, or other costs
- other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship
Résumé should address the following:
- certificates already obtained, date, and flight hours completed (if applicable)
- work history including aviation field
- educational scholarships, awards, and honors
- demonstrated involvement in aviation related activities
International applicants must meet all requirements and, in addition, must include your country’s pilot, mechanic, or other requirements and the equivalent copies of aviation certificates, licenses, and medicals.
Scholarship applications must be submitted/postmarked by November 10, 2020. Contact Scholarship Coordinator Donna Wallace by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions.