Hiring Briefings and Fast Passes
WAI Fast Passes and hiring briefings will again be available during WAI's upcoming annual conference. The following are the guidelines for the 2016 International Women in Aviation Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. Please read all information carefully and check back on this page often for additional details.
Page last updated:
May 23, 2022
January 6, 2016: Members will be notified to register for Fast Pass preferences
January 29, 2016: Cutoff date for choosing advance company preferences
February 8, 2016: Preference time slots are assigned
* You can change your slot times with available slots in the WAI Members Only section until onsite.
* United Airlines slots are entirely full.
* One Day registrations can only change your slots to the chosen day.
February 11, 2016: Passes left after advance preference assignment are released for first come, first serve
* We have released hundreds of passes left after advance assignment. It will be on a first come first serve basis in the WAI Members Only section.
* To know that you are eligible for a first come first serve Fast Pass timeslot, log into WAI Members Only section and you should see 'Fast Pass Timeslots' on your side bar.
- Women in Aviation International members with a full conference registration will be limited to three passes. WAI members with one day registrations will be limited to two passes (as available).
- Physical passes will be included with the conference registration materials picked up onsite.
- United Airlines slots are entirely full Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- WAI Fast Pass meetings are held in separate rooms outside of the exhibit hall to alleviate crowding and congestion of aisles. We are focused on implementing processes that reduce lines and wait times.
- The companies participating in Fast Pass will NOT be taking resumes or interviewing in the exhibit hall. In fact, most of these companies will not have HR representatives at their booths in the exhibit hall.
- If you did not receive your preferred company you can continue to check for available slots in the WAI Members Only section and you can make any changes as others cancel or if a company adds additional staff, creating new slot options.
- There will not be any standby slot options. The companies participating are bringing their maximum staff so if you don't have a Fast Pass in hand, you will not be able to have the one on one meeting with that company (although you can attend any of the companies' hiring briefings).
- Participating companies will present hiring briefings on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to outline their basic application procedures, discuss current positions available and their requirements, as well as answer any frequently asked questions. These briefings will last 30-40 minutes. The Hiring Briefings only require a conference badge and are open seating.
- Please continue to check back on this page for any changes or updates http://www.wai.org/16conference/fastpass.cfm
WAI has confirmation that these companies will be participating in the 2016 Fast Pass program.
American Airlines * American fast passes are for individuals who have already made an application with AA.
Bell Helicopter/Textron Aviation - hiring requirements
Delta Air Lines - hiring requirements
Desert Jet - hiring requirements
JetBlue - hiring requirements
NetJets - hiring requirements
Southwest - hiring requirements
WAI Fast Pass is a streamlined electronic registration process that assigns designated times for face to face meetings with companies who are hiring and have chosen to participate. A priority point system is used for distribution of the limited passes. Members are awarded one point for each year of WAI membership, plus two points for early conference registration, and one point for general conference registration.
A change this year: All hiring briefings and WAI Fast Pass meetings will take place on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Fast Pass not available on Saturday). **please refer to conference schedule for exhibit hall hours for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. See the planned schedule below, which is subject to change:
Wednesday, March 9, 2016: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 10, 2016: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, March 11, 2016: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- You must be a current member of Women in Aviation International and be registered for the conference to be eligible to obtain a WAI Fast Pass.
- Members were notified on January 6, 2016 to register for fast passes preferences by logging into the Members Only section at https://wai.org/membersonly. WAI members wishing to participate ranked their top five companies.
- Members with a full conference registration will be issued their top 3 choices (as available). Members with a one day registration will be issued their top 2 choices for the day of conference registration.
- Members will be notified of their timeslots via email in February.
- Physical passes will be with your conference materials picked up onsite and are non-transferable.
- WAI Fast Pass meetings will be held in separate rooms outside of the exhibit hall to alleviate crowding and congestion of aisles.
Read Fast Pass FAQs (pdf)
Participating companies will also present hiring briefings on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to outline their basic application procedures, discuss current positions available (and their requirements), as well as answer any frequently asked questions. These briefings will last 30-40 minutes.
Hiring Briefing Schedule (pdf)
Look for more details on this process as they are available on the WAI website or email with any questions. Our goal is to streamline the fast pass process and efficiently and effectively serve the needs of those members wishing to participate while maintaining an enjoyable conference experience for all.